Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 large clove garlic, minced
3 pounds very ripe plum tomatoes (about 15 tomatoes)
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces fettuccine
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
8 fresh basil leaves, for garnish
1. In a medium sized saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
2. Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring once in a while.
3. Add the basil, sugar, salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, until the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes more. Adjust the salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
5. Return the pasta to the pot it was cooked in and toss it with the tomato-basil sauce. Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garnish with fresh basil leaves, and serve immedieately.
Serving Size: 1 bowl with sauce
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||7 g|
|Protein||15 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.