Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
For the crepes:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups 1% milk
3 large eggs
about 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the filling:
2 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
For the Crepes:
1. Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the milk. Whisk the milk into the flour mixture until the batter is smooth and well blended.
3. Whisk in the eggs until blended.
4. Strain the batter through a sieve into another medium-sized bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to give the batter time to rest.
5. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Lightly brush the pan with olive oil.
6. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and tilt the pan in all directions to evenly coat the bottom.
7. Cook the crepes for about 30 seconds or until the bottom is lightly brown. Loosen the edges with a spatula and flip the crepe over.
8. Cook the underside for 10 to 15 seconds or until it is set, dry and browned in spots.
9. Slide the crepe onto a flat plate and cover with a piece of wax paper.
10. Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the pan with more butter as needed, and stacking the crepes between wax paper. The crepes may be made up to 3 days ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperatrue before using.
For the filling:
1. Put the cream cheese in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
2. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, stamp out 4 rounds of the smoked salmon and 5 rounds of crepes.
3. Place 1 crepe on a work surface and top with a salmon round. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese over the salmon.
4. Continue the layering, ending with a plain crepe on top.
5. Cut the stack of salmon crepes into 6 wedges and serve.
Serving Size: 1 crepe wedge
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||8 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.