This recipe is...
Mini-Bruschettas with Green Olive Relish
Makes about 1 cup
1/2 cup green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons red onion, peeled and finely diced
2 tablespoons red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
2 mint leaves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
1 1/2 teaspoons minced anchovy fillet
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
olive oil for brushing
1 large garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
1 large ripe tomato, cored and cut in half
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup coarsely ground almonds (optional)
small basil leaves for garnish
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until needed. (Can be made 1-2 days in advance.)
For the toasts:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place bread slices on baking sheet. Brush top of each piece lightly with oil, and rub with cut piece of garlic.
3. Sprinkle sparingly with salt and bake until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
4. Slice tomato into 1/4-inch thick half moons.
5. When toasts are ready, top with tomato slice and about 2 teaspoons relish. If using, sprinkle blue cheese and almonds on top, garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 2 slices of bruschetta
Number of Servings: 8
- 29 g
- 6 g
- 2 g
- 7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 818 mg