Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Greens and Figs with Blue Cheese
1 clove garlic,minced
juice of 1 orange
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts,toasted
1 head radicchio,washed
4 cups arugula,washed
4 cups red leaf lettuce,washed and torn
2 heads Belgian endive,washed and separated
1 head mizuna,washed and torn
1 tablespoon blue cheese,crumbled
1. Whisk the thyme, garlic, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
For the salad:
1. Cut the figs in half and add them to the vinaigrette for the flavors to blend.
2. In a dry sauté pan over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until golden. Set aside.
3. Separate four large radicchio leaves and set aside. Chop the remaining head of radicchio and toss all the lettuces together in a bowl.
4. On 4 chilled salad plates, place a radicchio leaf in the center and divide the lettuce equally on top of the leaf. Surround each plate with the halved figs. Drizzle the vinaigrette over each of the plates. Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese and pine nuts over the top and serve chilled.
Serving Size: 1 large salad with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
Number of Servings: 4
- 38 g
- 6 g
- 8 g
- 5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 80 mg