Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 12 visitors
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pound chicken cutlets, pounded thinly
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 medium tomato, diced
1 roasted red pepper peeled, seeded and chopped
1 roasted yellow pepper peeled, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh oregano
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 cup mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup capers
4 medium black olives pitted and halved
1 cup low sodium, low fat chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
2. Dip the chicken into this mixture, set aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil to medium-high heat.
4. Add the breaded chicken breasts once the oil sizzles.
5. Brown the chicken on both sides, for approximately 5 minutes per side. When turning the chicken from the first side to second, add the lemon juice to the pan and swirl the chicken in the juice. Remove the chicken from the pan onto a platter and set aside.
6. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and heat to medium-high.
7. Add in the tomatoes, saute and stir on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
8. Add in the peppers, oregano and garlic, saute and stir on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
9. Add in the mushrooms, saute and stir on medium-high heat until moisture is released, about 8 minutes.
10. Add the capers and olives, saute and stir on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
11. Add the chicken stock and oregano to the vegetables, bring to a boil then remove skillet from the heat.
12. Generously salt and pepper the vegetables.
13. Serve the ratatouille alongside or on top of the chicken
Serving Size: 2 chicken cutlets with sauce
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||12 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||35 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.