Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
Honey Roast Pork with Apple Chutney
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1 boneless pork loin roast, about 2 pounds
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 medium onion, diced
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root, or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2. Season the pork with salt and pepper and place it in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the vinegar mixture into the bag, seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
4. Remove the pork from the bag, place it in a roasting pan and add the chicken broth to the pan. Roast it in the oven for about an hour, or until a meat thermometer registers 160ºF. Let the pork roast rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
5. Meanwhile, make the apple chutney. In a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the vinegar, apples, raisins, sugar and ginger root and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
7. Slice the pork and serve it with apple chutney.
Serving Size: 2 slices pork with apple chutney
Number of Servings: 6
- 57 g
- 13 g
- 5 g
- 34 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 94 mg