Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 8 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine
salt to taste
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
2/3 cup flour
1/8 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound yolk-free egg noodles
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the chicken broth, white wine and a generous pinch of salt over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and poach them over low heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Remove the chicken from the liquid and set aside. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut it into strips.
3. Bring the poaching liquid to a boil, add the broccoli florets and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the broccoli and set aside. Reserve the cooking liquid.
4. In a separate saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 3 minutes. Whisk in the cooking liquid and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the cheeses. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pot of salted water until they are al dente, drain and put them in a large casserole dish.
6. Add the chicken and broccoli to the casserole dish and pour in the sauce. Bake the casserole in the oven for 20 minutes. Let the casserole stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: about 2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||10 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||28 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.