Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
4 small red skinned potatoes, halved
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 pound beef tenderloin
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes, carrots and parsnips together with the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Transfer the vegetables to a shallow roasting pan and roast them in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Season the beef with salt and a generous amount of pepper. Remove the vegetables from the oven and place the beef on top of them in the roasting pan. Return the pan to the oven and roast the vegetables and beef for 15 minutes.
4. Turn the temperature down to 350ºF and continue roasting for an additional 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the beef is cooked to the desired doneness. (To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast. It should read 135º for medium rare.)
5. Let the tenderloin rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve a few slices of the beef with a large spoonful of the vegetables.
Serving Size: 2 or 3 slices of beef with vegetables
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||13 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||23 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.