Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
1 cup white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 ounces each
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups water or more to cook the chicken
1 bunch watercress, washed and stemmed
1. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Increase the heat to high, add the wine, lemon juice, tarragon and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer for 1 minute.
3. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the pan with enough water to cover them. Bring the liquid to a boil and adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Continue to simmer the cooking liquid until it has reduced by half.
5. Divide the watercress among 4 plates. Place the chicken on top of the watercress, garnish with sun-dried tomatoes and drizzle the hot cooking liquid over the chicken.
Serving Size: 1 breast with watercress and sun-dried tomatoes
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||32 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.