Ratings & Reviews
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 cups spinach
6 egg whites
salt to taste
white pepper to taste
2 tablespoons grated, low-fat Cheddar cheese
2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. In a small nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook, turning the spincah with tongs, until it has just wilted, about 1 minute. Place the spinach on a plate and wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites together with salt and pepper.
3. Spray the same skillet with nonstick spray and heat it over medium-high heat. Pour in half of the egg white mixture and immediately stir with a spatula. While stirring, quickly shake the skillet in a back and forth motion directly on the heat surface. (Do not lift the pan off the heat surface, as this will cool the pan.) This step should not take more than 15 seconds.
4. When the egg whites are almost set, remove the pan from the heat and add half of the cheddar cheese, cooked spinach and sliced tomatoes across the center the omelet.
5. Fold the omelet in half and turn it onto a warm plate. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and repeat with the remaining ingredients
Serving Size: 1 omelet
Number of Servings: 2
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||15 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.