Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
3 tablespoons light tamari
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger root
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu
2 cups broccoli florets
3 cups julienned carrots
2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
2 cups julienned bok choy
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the tamari, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of the ginger root and 1 tablespoon of the garlic.
2. Cut the tofu into cubes, add it to the tamari mixture and marinate the tofu in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. In a nonstick pan, steam the broccoli and carrots in 2 cups of water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining sesame oil in the pan over high heat. With a slotted spoon, lift the tofu out of the marinade (reserve the marinade), add the tofu to the pan and brown it on all sides. Transfer the tofu to a plate.
5. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in the pan, add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add the red peppers and bok choy and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the broccoli, carrots, the remaining ginger and the remaining garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the reserved marinade, simmer for a minute or two and add the browned tofu.
6. Divide the tofu, vegetables and sauce among 4 serving plates and garnish with sesame seeds.
Serving Size: about 2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||13 g||Fiber||7 g|
|Protein||14 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.