Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Chocolate Angel Cake
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups superfine granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups egg whites (about 10 large eggs), at room temperature
1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Sift the flour twice with the cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
3. With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form when the mixer is removed from the batter.
4. Add half of the remaining sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add the remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating after each addition.
5. Stir in the vanilla.
6. Fold the flour and sugar mixture into the egg whites, 1/4 cup at a time, until just incorporated.
7. Put the batter in an ungreased 10" tube pan and bake until the cake is springy to the touch, about 1 hour. Invert the pan and let the cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/14 of cake)
Number of Servings: 14
- 28 g
- 0 g
- 0 g
- 3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 78 mg