Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 5 visitors
This recipe is...
Mustard-Crusted Pork Chops with Sugar Snap Peas
4 pork loin chops, about 4 to 6 ounces each
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup diced onions
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2. In a heavy skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and brown them on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pork chops to a baking dish.
3. Turn the heat to medium and add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add the onions and cook until they are soft. Add the breadcrumbs and parsley and remove from heat. Stir in just enough chicken stock to moisten the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread some of the mustard on top of each chop. Divide the stuffing mixture among the chops and pat it onto the mustard. Bake the chops until they are fully cooked and the stuffing is nicely browned, about 20 minues.
6. Meanwhile, place the peas in a microwaveable container, sprinkle them with about 1/4 cup of water and microwave on high until they are just tender, about 3 minutes. Carefully drain the hot peas. Drizzle the peas with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
7. Serve the pork chops on a large platter surrounded by the sugar snap peas.
Serving Size: 1 pork chop with peas
Number of Servings: 4
- 14 g
- 14 g
- 4 g
- 42 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 422 mg