Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
1 pound fettuccine
1 1/2 pounds asparagus, ends removed and cut into 2-inch lengths
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until it is crisp-tender, about 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Using a slotted spoon, lift the asparagus out of the boiling water and plunge it into a bowl of ice water. Drain.
2. Bring the large pot of water back to a boil, add the fettuccine and cook until it is al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, bring the chicken broth and shallots to a boil in a large skillet. Cook until the broth has reduced by half. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk in the sour cream.
4. Add the drained asparagus and fettuccine to the sour cream sauce and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide the fettuccine and asparagus among 4 warm bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serving Size: 1 bowl of pasta with asparagus
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||16 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.