Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
1 whole chicken, about 5 pounds
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, halved
1 orange, halved
1/2 cup roughly chopped celery
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and orange halves all over the chicken. Stuff the lemon and orange halves into the cavity, along with the onion, celery and thyme.
4. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the skin and season with salt and pepper.
5. Roast the chicken in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 160°F.
6. Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes. Remove and discard the skin before carving.
Serving Size: 1/4 skinless chicken
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||10 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||47 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.