Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 11 visitors
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, plus a few for garnishing (about 1 large bunch)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
12 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
nonstick cooking spray
3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
1. In a large resealable bag, combine the balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of the basil leaves, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts, seal the bag and turn it over a few times until the chicken is evenly coated. (This can be prepared a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.)
2. For the sun-dried tomato pesto, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic and the remaining 1/4 cup basil leaves in a food processor. Process until the mixture is finely ground. Add the Parmesan cheese, the remaining olive oil, sugar, chicken broth and pepper and process for a few more seconds to combine. (This can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.)
3. Preheat the oven to medium-high.
4. Grill the chicken on each side until the it is cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
5. Serve each chicken breast with a dollop of the sun-dried tomato pesto and garnish with basil leaves.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with pesto
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||11 g||Fiber||7 g|
|Protein||41 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.