Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
3 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon honey
3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon seeded and minced sweet red cherry peppers (from a jar of vinegar packed sweet cherry peppers)
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
3/4 pound fresh Dungeness crab meat, picked over for bits of shell and cartilage with claw meat and large pieces of crab left whole
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
chips, crackers, or pita wedges for dipping
1. In a large bowl, whisk the tomato paste and the honey together until smooth.
2. Whisk in the mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice, cherry peppers, lemon zest, horseradish and Tabasco.
3. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the egg. (You can make the dressing a day ahead and store it, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator. When you're ready to serve, mix the dressing with the crabmeat.)
4. Add the crabmeat to the bowl and toss it with the dressing.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
6. To serve, set a bowl of crab dip on a large platter and surround it with chips, crackers, or pita wedges for dipping.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||9 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.