1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon pineapple juice
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (canned pineapple maybe substituted)
4 cups salad greens
1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
8 slices fresh pineapple (canned pineapple maybe substituted)
1. In a mixing bowl, stir the sour cream, mayonnaise, pineapple juice, lime juice, ginger and dill together. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use. (The dressing may be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lemon juice and shrimp reduce the heat to low and simmer until the shrimp are just cooked. Drain and chill.
3. When the shrimp are thoroughly chilled, slice each one in half lengthwise.
4. Toss the shrimp and pineapple with the sour cream mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Arrange a bed of greens on each plate. Divide the shrimp and pineapple salad among the serving plates and garnish with slices of cucumber, avocado and pineapple.
Serving Size: about 1/4 pound shrimp with salad
Number of Servings: 4
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.