Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
Tortilla and Lime Soup
2 cups rich chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon finely minced jalapeño chili pepper, or to taste
1/2 cup peeled, seeded and diced tomatoes
kernels from 1ear of corn (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons minced green onions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 or 2 corn tortillas, cut into strips 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide
1/2 avocado, peeled and diced
2 paper-thin lime slices, each quartered
2. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and chili pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes.
4. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
5. Add the tomatoes, corn, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, cooked shrimp, salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
6. While the soup simmers, pour the oil to a depth of about 1 inch in a small, deep saute pan and heat over medium heat.
7. When the oil is hot, add the tortilla strips and fry briefly until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
8. Place the diced avocado in a large bowl and pour the hot soup over it. Top with the little pieces of lime and the tortilla strips and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1 generous bowl
Number of Servings: 1
- 48 g
- 19 g
- 7 g
- 38 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 2191 mg