Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin cutlets
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
flour for dredging
8 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup dry white wine
2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. While the oil is heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge it in flour.
3. Cook the chicken over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a large baking dish and set aside.
4. Add the mushrooms to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender.
5. Add the wine, stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that may be stuck to the pan and cook until the wine has almost completely evaporated. Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minute more.
6. Arrange the mushroom slices on top of the chicken and pour the cooking liquid into the baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the mushrooms.
7. Place the baking dish under the broiler and cook until the cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 4 ounces chicken with mushrroms and cheese
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||12 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||50 g||Saturated Fat||6 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.