Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
lower in fat
lower in sodium
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Peel, quarter and core the pears. Quickly sprinkle them with the lemon juice to prevent browning. Set on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer.
2. Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Let cool.
3. When the pears have been in the freezer 20 minutes and are about half frozen, place in a blender with the water and sugar mixture. Puree and strain, pressing with a rubber spatula to release the juices.
4. Freeze the strained pear mixture in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Store in the freezer until ready to use. The texture is best if it is eaten within 24 hours. After that it becomes very hard and icy, but it can be melted and refrozen in an ice cream machine.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||1 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.