Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 9 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
lower in sodium
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 cup bran
1 cup reduced fat, 2% milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup dried currants
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. (This can be done the night before and kept covered on the counter.)
3. Whisk together the egg, bran, milk and butter. Let stand for 10 minutes. If the egg and milk are cold, the butter may solidify.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the liquid all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
5. Fold in the currants. The batter will be a little lumpy, do not overmix.
6. Fill the tins two-thirds full, being careful not to drip the batter on the edge of the tins where it will burn and cause sticking.
7. Bake until goden brown and set in the center, about 20 minutes. The muffins are done when a knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out dry. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||4 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.