Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in grains
rich in veggies
lower in fat
12 ounces Italian sausage
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 small onion, finely diced
1 eggplant, peeled and diced
1 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
1/2 cup red wine
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
12 ounces fusilli pasta
1. Slice the sausage into 1" pieces. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Remove the sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in the sauté pan over low heat and add the onions. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add the zucchini and eggplant and cook the vegetables until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to medium, add the wine, tomatoes and oregano and reduce by half.
4. Meanwhile, place a large pot of water on to boil. Add the pasta and cook about 12 minutes until al dente. Drain.
5. Add the sausage and pasta to the sauce and toss until coated. Sprinkle with the fresh Parmesan.
Serving Size: about 2 cups of pasta and vegetables
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||16 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.