Pina Colada Cupcakes with Rum Glaze
1 1/2 cups cake flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup coconut milk, light
plus 2 tablespoons coconut milk, light
1/2 cup well drained, canned crushed pineapple
1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 large very fresh egg white
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon dark rum
2 tablespoons shredded coconut, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add the sugar, coconut milk, pineapple, oil and coconut extract and stir to combine (do not overmix).
3. Fill each baking cup 2/3 full. Bake until a skewer inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
For the rum glaze:
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the confectioner?s sugar and egg white. Beat on low speed until the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. With the mixer running, gradually add the water. Stir in the rum.
2. Using a small spoon, spread the glaze on top of the cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle each cupcake with a little shredded coconut, if desired. Store the cupcakes in an airtight container.
Makes 12 standard sized cupcakes or 24 miniature cupcakes.
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Number of Servings: 12
- 48 g
- 6 g
- 0 g
- 2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 135 mg