Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in dairy
1/2 pound rigatoni
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1 1/2 cloves garlic, crushed
2/3 pound lean ground turkey
1/4 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 cups no salt added tomato sauce
1/2 cup halved and pitted black olives
1/3 cup fresh, chopped basil
2/3 cup grated, fat-free mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Bring 1/2 gallon of salted water to boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Add the ground turkey, and brown. Drain off the excess fat.
4. Add the tomato sauce and olives, and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
5. In a casserole dish, toss the rigatoni, meat sauce and basil together. Sprinkle with the cheeses. (This can be made ahead and stored unbaked in the refrigerator up to 2 days, or it can be frozen.)
6. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and brown and the dish is thoroughly heated, about 15 to 20 minutes; bake longer if the dish has been refrigerated.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||16 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||28 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.