Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Turkey Rigatoni with Olives and Tomato Sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons diced onions
1 clove garlic, crushed
5 ounces lean ground turkey
1 cup no salt added tomato sauce
1/3 cup halved and pitted black olives
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoons grated, fat-free mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2. Bring 1/2 gallon of salted water to boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Add the ground turkey, and brown. Drain off the excess fat.
4. Add the tomato sauce and olives, and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
5. In a casserole dish, toss the rigatoni, meat sauce and basil together. Sprinkle with the cheeses. (This can be made ahead and stored unbaked in the refrigerator up to 2 days, or it can be frozen.)
6. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and brown and the dish is thoroughly heated, about 15 to 20 minutes; bake longer if the dish has been refrigerated.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 2
- 54 g
- 16 g
- 5 g
- 28 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 525 mg