This recipe is...
Lower-Sodium Spinach, Grapefruit and Almond Salad
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup spinach, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
1/8 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
1. Place all the ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well.
2. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
For the salad:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spread the almonds on a baking sheeet and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Place the spinach in a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
4. Transfer the dressed spinach leaves to a serving plate. Arrange the grapefruit sections on top and sprinkle with the almonds.
Serving Size: 2/3 cup salad with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
Number of Servings: 1
- 8 g
- 18 g
- 2 g
- 3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 254 mg