Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Wild Rice with Dried Cranberries and Toasted Walnuts
1 carrot, peeled and quartered
1 stalk celery, quartered
1 cup wild rice (2 - 4 oz. packages)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 large finely chopped shallot
3 ounces dried cranberries (1/2 of a 6 oz. package)
3 granny smith apples, unpeeled and cut into small dice
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
4 stalks thinly sliced scallions
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2. Place the rice, onion, carrot and celery in a sauce pot. Season with salt and pepper and cover with water.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the rice is tender and fully fluffed, about 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Drain the rice and remove the onion, carrot and celery pieces.
5. Combine the rice in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 12
- 26 g
- 4 g
- 2 g
- 3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 52 mg