This recipe is...
Fiesta Tabbouleh Salad
2 1/2 cups water
1 large roasted red pepper,seeded and chopped
1 large roasted yellow pepper,seeded and chopped
1 jalapeño pepper,seeded and minced
2 small tomatoes seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
2 cloves garlic,coarsely chopped
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
4 cups mixed greens
1 cup goat cheese or feta cheese,crumbled
chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Place the bulgur and water in a saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 to 30 minutes. As it cooks, the grain will absorb all the liquid.
2. When the liquid is entirely absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and allow the bulgur to stand, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the bulgur with the red and yellow peppers, jalapeņo pepper, tomatoes, scallions and cilantro. Toss well.
For the vinaigrette:
1. Puree the jalapeņo pepper, garlic, cilantro, mint, vinegar and oil in a food processor or blender.
2. Mix the vinaigrette into the tabbouleh. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
3. Arrange mixed greens on 4 individual salad plates. Mound the tabbouleh in the center of the greens and sprinkle with the cheese and parsley.
Serving Size: about 1/4 cup of tabbouleh with salad
Number of Servings: 4
- 22 g
- 23 g
- 5 g
- 7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 5 g
- 134 mg