Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
2 pounds mixed greens, collards, kale or turnips
2 cups water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2" dice
3/4 cup green onions,minced
3/4 cup fresh tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4" dice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh sage or thyme, minced
1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon hot chili sauce
1. Wash the greens, discard any tough stems and cut into thin slices.
2. In a large skillet, simmer the water, salt and potatoes over medium heat until they are soft, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the greens, cover, raise the heat to high and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Remove the cover and continue to simmer until the water is totally absorbed, about 4 minutes. Do not brown.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together the green onion, tomatoes, oil, herbs, vinegar and chili sauce.
6. Pour over the greens just before serving.
Serving Size: about 2/3 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||4 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.