Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in sodium
4 large mandarin oranges, or clementines
1 pound bay scallops
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 medium European or English cucumber
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel and segment 2 of the oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons of the peel sliced into thin pieces.
2. Juice the remaining 2 oranges and reserve.
3. In a large stainless steel bowl, combine the scallops, orange peel, cinnamon, allspice and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Scoop out the cucumber with a small melon baller.
5. Heat a sauté pan over high heat. Drain the scallops and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, chickpeas, cucumber and reserved orange juice. Heat thoroughly and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the reserved mandarin segments to the scallop sauté and remove from heat.
Serving Size: about 4 ounces scallops
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||25 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.