Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
2 1/4 cups cranberry juice
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped sun-dried cranberries or cherries
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or to taste)
2 teaspoons chopped, fresh dill
honey to taste
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Place 2 cups of cranberry juice in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Continue to boil over high heat until liquid is reduced by half.
2. Separately, add the remaining 1/4 cup of cranberry juice and the sun-dried cranberries and allow them to plump.
3. While juice is reducing, sauté shallots in olive oil until soft but not brown.
4. In a blender or food processor, purée the reduction and shallots until smooth.
5. Place the mixture in a bowl and whisk in remaining ingredients including the oil and softened cranberries.
6. The vinaigrette can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Serving Size: about 2 tablespoons
Number of Servings: 10
|Fat||2 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||0 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.