Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
2/3 cup cannellini beans
2 cups vegetable stock
1 carrot, cut into 1" pieces
1 stalk celery, cut into 1" pieces
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 cups washed and stemmed arugula
1. Soak the cannellini beans in water overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Drain beans, put them in a pot and add the stock, carrot, celery and enough water to cover the beans by an inch or so.
3. Bring to a simmer, uncovered, over medium-high heat. Do not boil. Skim foam that comes to the surface. (Do not add salt because it will prevent the beans from becoming tender.)
4. When the beans are tender, about 1 hour, remove from heat. Drain and discard the carrot and celery. Set beans aside. (The cannellini beans can be cooked ahead of time, covered and refrigerated up to 3 days.)
5. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper, and heat thoroughly.
6. Turn off the heat and gently fold in the arugula leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size: about 3/4 cup
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||3 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.