Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
lower in sodium
3 cups long grain Thai sticky rice
1. Put the rice in a large bowl, cover with 2 to 3 inches of cold water and soak overnight, or rinse under cold water for a few minutes.
2. Drain the rice and place in a steamer basket or a large sieve, lined with cheesecloth.
3. Set the basket over several inches of boiling water in a large pot or wok. NOTE: The rice should not touch the water.
4. Cover and steam for 25 minutes or until the rice is shiny and tender. Add additional water if the pot runs dry, but don't immerse the rice.
5. Turn the rice out into a basket or a bowl and cover with a cloth or lid. The rice will dry out if exposed to the air, so keep it covered until serving.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.
Try This With...
- Asian Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Beef Kebabs with Ginger-Soy Sauce
- Shrimp Stir-Fry with Chinese Cabbage, Carrots and Broccoli