Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
1 whole chicken, 6 to 8 pounds
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 sprig fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 medium onion, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
2 carrots, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
2 stalks celery, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper inside and out.
3. Stuff the cavity with rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and garlic. Also put a few pieces of onion, carrot and celery into the cavity.
4. Scatter the rest of the onions, carrots and celery on the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
5. Squeeze juice from the lemon all over the chicken and add the lemon half to the cavity.
6. Place in the oven. After 15 minutes turn the heat down to 350°F. Roast the chicken until golden brown and crisp and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a sharp knife, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, more.
7. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and let rest for about 10 minutes. Remove the skin and discard. Carve the chicken into serving pieces.
Serving Size: about 6 ounces chicken
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||11 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||73 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.