Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in dairy
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
4 basil leaves, chopped
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
splash red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
6 ounces fresh, whole milk mozzarella cheese, sliced into 12 slices
12 slices good quality crusty bread
1 clove garlic
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Mix the tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil together and set aside.
3. Toast the bread slices lightly on both sides under the broiler.
4. Lightly rub one side of each slice of toast with the garlic clove. Drizzle each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
5. Place the toasts on a baking sheet. Top each toast with a slice of mozzarella and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Place a spoonful of the tomato mixture on each piece of toast and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 piece of bruschetta
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.