Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
4 large artichokes
1 lemon, cut into quarters
1. Slice about 1" from the artichoke tops and trim the stems. Remove the outer leaves and trim any hard, spiky points with scissors.
2. Put about 2 inches of water in a large pot and insert a rack or steam basket into the pot. Bring the water to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath.
3. Place the artichokes on the rack and steam uncovered, until the bottom is tender and the outer leaves can be pulled off easily, about 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Remove the artichokes from the rack with a large spoon and plunge them into the ice bath.
5. Drain and refrigerate until serving time.
6. Place one whole artichoke on 4 chilled plates and serve with a lemon wedge over each artichoke.
Serving Size: 1 artichoke
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||9 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.