This recipe is...
Steamed Mussels with Tomatoes over Angel Hair Pasta
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pound angel hair pasta
2 cups chopped tomatoes, canned or fresh
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2. Meanwhile, bring a gallon of well-salted water to a boil.
3. Remove the mussels from their shells. Discard the shells, reserve the mussels in a bowl and reserve the juice in the pot.
4. Heat the juices over medium-high heat and reduce the quantity by half.
5. Add the pasta to the boiling water.
6. Add the tomatoes to the mussel juice and simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley.
7. Cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
8. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the tomato mixture and the mussels. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1/4 pound of pasta with mussels and tomatoes
Number of Servings: 4
- 29 g
- 6 g
- 4 g
- 32 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 910 mg