This recipe is...
Lamb and Artichoke Stew with Lentils
1 cup chopped onions
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds lean lamb stew meat, cubed
1 cup red wine
1 bay leaf
1 sprig fresh thyme
6 to 8 small artichokes , trimmed
about 1 cup beef stock
about 1 cup chopped tomatoes, or low sodium canned
about 2 cups cooked, French lentils
2. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Turn the heat to medium-high. Season the lamb well with salt and pepper and add it to the pot. Sear the lamb cubes well on all sides.
4. Add the red wine, bay leaf and thyme. Turn the heat to low, cover the pot and cook for 25 minutes.
5. Add the artichokes, stock and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Add the cooked lentils and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
- 46 g
- 17 g
- 18 g
- 51 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 571 mg