Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 17 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (4 to 6 ounces each), sliced in thin strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 small onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh basil
2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
3/4 pound pasta (rigatoni, penne or fusilli)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over moderately high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Sauté the chicken until golden on both sides, about 6 minutes.
2. Lower the heat and add the onions. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. Turn the heat to medium, add the wine and reduce until it is almost completely evaporated. Add the chicken stock and reduce by half. Add the mustard and low-fat sour cream, and stir until the sauce is creamy.
4. Meanwhile, place a large pot of water on to boil. Add the pasta and cook about 12 minutes until al dente. Drain.
5. Add the chicken and pasta to the sauce and toss until coated. Sprinkle with the fresh basil.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
|Protein||53 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.