Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
lower in fat
1/4 cup raisins or currants
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 pounds spinach
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash the spinach and shake off any excess water. Remove any tough stems.
2. Place the raisins in a small bowl and add 1/2 cup hot water. Let sit until the raisins plump, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
3. Heat a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat and toast the pine nuts while shaking the pan to evenly brown them.
4. Add the oil to the pan and warm.
5. Add the spinach and raisins and toss quickly until the greens are just wilted. Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar over the greens and stir until warmed, about 30 seconds. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide evenly on 4 warmed plates.
Serving Size: about 3/4 cup
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||6 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.