Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Herb Roasted Cornish Hens
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 teaspoons minced, fresh rosemary leaves
2 teaspoons minced, fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
2 shallots, roughly chopped
1 1/2 carrots, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
1 1/2 stalks celery, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
2. Rinse the Cornish hens with cold water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper inside and out.
3. Stuff the insides of the hens with garlic, rosemary, thyme and 1/2 bay leaf each. Place a few pieces of shallots, carrots and celery in the cavity.
4. Scatter the rest of the shallots, carrots and celery on the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the hens on top of the vegetables.
5. Squeeze juice from the lemons all over the hens and add 1/2 to each hen cavity. Roast in the oven until the hens are golden brown and crisp and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a sharp knife, about 45 minutes.
6. Transfer the hens to a serving platter and let rest for about 5 minutes. Remove the skin from the hens and cut each one in half.
Serving Size: 1/2 cornish hen
Number of Servings: 4
- 7 g
- 5 g
- 2 g
- 30 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 117 mg