Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 8 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
lower in sodium
6 eggs, separated (at room temperature)
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 pints strawberries washed, hulled and halved
2 tablespoons crushed almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a 10" removable bottom tart pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, whip the egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of water on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Fold the almond flour into the yolks.
4. In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites and sugar until medium peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add a large tablespoon of the whites into the egg yolk mixture to loosen it and fold the remaining egg whites into the mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared tart pan. Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a rack to finish cooling.
7. In the microwave, warm the orange marmalade until it is runny and brush the top of the tart with half of it.
8. Lay the strawberries on the glaze in concentric circles, mounding them in the middle of the tart.
9. Glaze the strawberries and the edge of the tart with the remaining orange marmalade glaze. Sprinkle with almonds.
Serving Size: 1/8 of cake
Number of Servings: 10
|Fat||10 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||7 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.