Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 10 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in carbs
1 pound beef flank steak, sliced across the grain into 2" pieces
1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red chili paste
3 tablespoons dry sherry, or water
18 baby carrots, cut into quarters
1/2 pound sugar snap or snow peas
2 teaspoons peanut oil
1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1. Combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili paste and sherry and pour over the meat. Marinate for at least 10 minutes and up to 1 hour.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Toss in the carrots and par boil for about 2 minutes and quickly remove with a slotted spoon. Toss in the peas and par boil for 1 minute. Drain and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
3. Remove the beef from the marinade, drain and discard the marinade.
4. Heat a wok over high heat and add the peanut oil. Stir-fry the beef until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Add the peas and carrots to the pan and toss quickly in the hot pan.
5. Add the beef broth to the meat and vegetables and simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Mix the cornstarch with the water until smooth and add to the beef mixture and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
Serving Size: about 4 ounces of beef
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||6 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||16 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.