Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 10 visitors
This recipe is...
Stir-Fried Beef with Sugar Snap Peas and Baby Carrots
2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red chili paste
2 tablespoons dry sherry, or water
1/3 pound sugar snap or snow peas
12 baby carrots, cut into quarters
1 teaspoon peanut oil
1/3 cup low-sodium beef broth
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 teaspoons water
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Toss in the carrots and par boil for about 2 minutes and quickly remove with a slotted spoon. Toss in the peas and par boil for 1 minute. Drain and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
3. Remove the beef from the marinade, drain and discard the marinade.
4. Heat a wok over high heat and add the peanut oil. Stir-fry the beef until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Add the peas and carrots to the pan and toss quickly in the hot pan.
5. Add the beef broth to the meat and vegetables and simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Mix the cornstarch with the water until smooth and add to the beef mixture and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
Serving Size: about 4 ounces of beef
Number of Servings: 4
- 6 g
- 6 g
- 2 g
- 16 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 91 mg