Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Lentil Salad with Mango Chutney
1 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
1 cup finely chopped green peppers
1 cup finely chopped red onions
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
1 jalapeņo pepper, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup coarsley chopped cilantro
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the lentils. Lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are cooked through but not mushy, about 30 to 40 minutes. Set aside.
2. When the lentils have cooled, drain and toss with the chopped onions and peppers.
For the Mango Chutney:
1. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, ginger and mangoes and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the jalapeņo pepper, sugar, orange juice and vinegar and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in the cilantro, taste and add several twists of freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste. Cool to room temperature.
4. Toss the chutney with the lentil salad.
Serving Size: 1 cup salad
Number of Servings: 4
- 83 g
- 4 g
- 20 g
- 20 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 602 mg