Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 7 visitors
This recipe is...
Poached Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon dill
pinch cayenne pepper
white pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
4 salmon fillets, about 4 or 5 ounces each
1 cucumber, peeled, halved and seeded
1. Puree the cucumber with the salt in a blender or food processor.
2. Place the cucumber puree in a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
For the salmon:
1. Place the lemon juice, salt, seasoning and about 3 cups of water in a 10" pan. Add the salmon fillets and more water to cover the salmon if necessary.
2. Turn the heat to medium and bring the liquid to a simmer. Remove the fillets when they are just opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes depending on thickness. Place the fillets in the refrigerator to cool. (This can be done in advance and kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
3. Thinly slice the cucumber and divide the slices between 4 plates. Place each chilled salmon fillet on top of the sliced cucumbers. Drizzle the sauce on the salmon and around the plate.
Serving Size: 1 fillet with cucumbers and sauce
Number of Servings: 4
- 13 g
- 7 g
- 2 g
- 26 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 604 mg