Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
1 red pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons verjus, white or red
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons chicken stock
1 tablespoon chopped chives
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Slice the pepper in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place the 2 halves, skin side up, on a cookie sheet and press down so they lie flat.
3. Place the pepper under the broiler until the skin is evenly blistered, about 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the pepper from the cookie sheet and place in a bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes. Uncover, peel off the skin and discard.
5. Puree the roasted red pepper and salt in a food processor.
6. Add the mustard and puree. Add the verjus and vinegar by the tablespoon, pureeing after each addition.
7. With the motor running, add the olive oil and stock slowly through the feed tube.
8. Stir in the chives and pepper. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||0 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.