Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 24 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
lower in sodium
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups bran
1 cup raisins or dates, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 12-cup muffin pans with non-stick spray.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together. (This can be done the night before and kept covered on the counter.)
3. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and bran. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
5. Fold in the raisins or dates. (Be careful to keep the mixing to a minimum -- a light stirring which will leave some lumps is fine. The dough should not be mixed to the point of pouring, but should break in coarse globs.) Fill the tins two-thirds full, being careful not to drip the batter on the edge of the tins where it will burn and cause sticking.
6. Bake in the prepared muffin tins for about 25 minutes. The muffins are done when a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out dry.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Number of Servings: 24
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||4 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.