Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Roasted Beets, Greens and Goat Cheese Salad
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup red or green lettuce leaf, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons goat cheese
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed to combine.
2. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
For the salad:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1. Wrap the beets in aluminum foil. Roast in the oven until tender, about 1 hour.
2. Peel the beets when they are cool enough to handle but are still warm. Cut into wedges.
3. Toss the beets with half of the vinaigrette.
4. In another bowl, toss the greens with the remaining vinaigrette.
5. Arrange the greens on a serving plate. Place the beets on top of the greens. (Rinse your hands well to remove the red beet juice.)
6. Crumble the goat cheese and sprinkle over the top of the salad.
Serving Size: 5 ounces
Number of Servings: 2
- 6 g
- 18 g
- 1 g
- 5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 133 mg