Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
about 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup diced onions
1 cup Arborio rice
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup asparagus, cut into 2" lengths
1. Heat the broth in a saucepan and keep hot over low heat.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a separate medium-sized pot. Add the onion and cook until it turns translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the rice to the onion mixture, stir and turn the heat to low. Add about 1 cup of the hot broth to the rice mixture, and stir slowly until the broth is absorbed.
4. Continue to add the broth 1 cup at a time, stirring slowly, letting the rice absorb the broth before adding more.
5. While the risotto is cooking, blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain.
6. The risotto is cooked when it is creamy on the outside and slightly firm (al dente) in the center, about 20 to 25 minutes in all. Stir in half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the risotto is too thick, add a little more broth until it becomes creamy.
7. Divide the risotto into serving dishes and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and asparagus.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||12 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.